28 June 2015

How to grow cress indoors?

In one of my posts about top 5+1 best veggies I mentioned cress as the best product for your health. You may wonder if it is possible to grow it at home. I can definitely state - Easy and possible!

Here are the steps:

Step 1

Prepare some dish (I chose plastic package from some veggies I bough in the supermarket). Lay two-three pieces of kitchen roll in a dish. Spray a little bit of water onto them to make them damp.

Step 2

Sprinkle a fair amount of cress seeds over the tissue. I bought mine in DM store here and for one time I usually use 1-2 table spoons, so this package lasts long. Make sure the seeds don't clump together.



Cover the top of the dish with two pieces of kitchen roll.Put into dark place for 1-2 days.

Step 3

Check your cress every day and sprinkle everyday a little bit of water until it begins to sprout to 1 centimeter. When it is at this height remove the cover, and put it somewhere sunny - not forgetting to use the same method of watering when they become a little dry!


It took about a day to see a big progress. Then I took my dish out and placed it on a sunny place. In 3-4 days cress was ready to eat.


Step 4

As soon as cress has reached more than 2 cm, cut off the amount of cress you want to use. Rest of the cress you can put in the fridge and use within 2-3 days.

If you are hesitating, where to use cress, I ensure you - it is a magic note for almost every dish. Meat, salad, sandwich, even smoothie will be a powerful vitamin bomb when including cress in it.

Enjoy! Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment