9 September 2015

Cauliflower pizza

Catching the last summer days in Hamburg and enjoying a nice company with my dear friend I ended up with quite a long blog break :) But I'm pretty sure you will forgive me. Because there are not so many people, whom you are always happy to see, no matter how long passed by after the last visit. Once a year, or once in 5 years, you always find the words to say, thoughts to share and stories to tell. You talk about the topics you've never discussed, and find out a lot of new and interesting, you support and get it back, share happiness and always stay there for a friend, do crazy things together and just listen to each word. And I appreciate it much!!!

After the visit of my dear friend I had to dive deeply into work and another week passed by. Usual working days, just the weather got more autumn-like. An extra opportunity I got these days was a Gardening and Decor workshop last Friday, that brought me into atmosphere of creativeness and team spirit. I will update you on my new skills in the next post. The last weekend we spontaneously decided to have a short trip to Amsterdam, which appeared to be a fairytale place... And so we are here: September, autumn breeze and bright yet less warm sun rays fall into my window before they disappear. Sitting in a warm room with a cup of tea I am writing to you, my reader.

Today I decided to make a colourful dish as a sign of leaving summer and reminder of warm Italian food. P-I-Z-Z-A! And who hates pizza?! Especially if I say that this one is a healthy variety and can absolutely stay in line with Italian companion. Cheesy, juicy and crispy, all in one - cauliflower pizza. And if never tried it, you JUST HAVE TO BAKE IT!
Ingredients:
Recipe adopted from The Iron You

1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
20 gr mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Filling

6 tablespoons thick tomato sauce
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp green beans
1 tbsp sweet corn
8 black olives
20 gr mozzarella cheese
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 220°C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with olive oil. Wash the cauliflower and rice it in a food processor rice until evenly chopped. Afterwards transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave dish and put into microwave for about 8 minutes, until cooked.
Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry. Otherwise you’ll end up with a mushy dough, not a crusty one.

Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl and add egg, mozzarella, oregano, sea salt and pepper. Mix well. Using your hands, press the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape into a round form. The dough is ready. Spread the tomato sauce and add any filling you like. I chose beans, olives, tomatoes, egg. Feel free to be creative at this point. This type of recipe usually is good when you need to utilise last couple of olives, one egg, some rests of the cheese and maybe ham, that are waiting in the fridge...

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Serve warm and enjoy the healthiest pizza without harm. Because good food is always a good idea ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment