30 September 2015

The easiest and healthiest recipe of salmon steak with stirred veggies

New day, new inspiration, new discovery... The last weekend I bumped by chance into an interesting book by Sarah Wilson "I quit sugar Cookbook". The first impression after diagonal reading through some pages left controversy feelings in my mind and I decided to check it out. Could not walk away without it. From the very beginning I dove into the world of Sarah's nutrition, comparing the facts and figures with my knowledge. Some things were quite surprising for me and the theory itself left some discussions in my head. So I decided to try it. I QUIT SUGAR, in other words. For the next 8 weeks I am avoiding sugar in its pure condition and also hidden in the ready products. By these means I will clean my body from sugar and change my attitude to it. I strongly believe, we can live without sugar. And those, who say "NO, I need sugar", are only very angry with themselves because of this weakness. Wanna try with me? Let's rock our bodies and fulfill them with pure energy. Let us find the balance with our souls. Believe in yourself and get started.

The first week will not be a big problem for me as I already avoid sugar in its pure form. I will still eat dried fruit in moderation and some fresh fruit (green apples, raspberries, blueberries, kiwis), although in the book they are already in "Do not touch"-list. Thus I think it is a good step to start, so join me and clean your body within the next two months.
I will follow up with more details and our further steps in the next posts. Meanwhile I am happy to share the first recipes to make your week sugar-free and vitamin-boosted.



And for dinner I prepared a special recipe today.

As a big fan of seafood and fish (and my free time) I always try to find the easiest way to cook it, without much efforts. As I already showed in my older recipe of Provencal Salmon with Fresh Salad it is preferable and much healthier to combine fish with veggies. A LOT OF VEGGIES ;)
Moreover, the recipe fits perfectly to the DETOX-nutrition plan "I quit sugar" and fulfils the body needs of omega-3 fatty acids, as well as a lot of vitamins.

Ingredients:

200 g salmon steak
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of broccoli
1 middle-sized carrot
1/2 lemon
1 tsp butter
1/3 cup hot water
sprinkle herbs of Provence

Fish doesn't need a lot of preparations or time. Wash the steak under cold water. Soak it with a paper towel, sprinkle with salt.

Tip!
Do not pepper fish or meat before you fry it, as the pepper will easily burn and add a biter taste. Always pepper before serving. This ensures spicy taste and better flavor.


In the frying pan melt the butter on medium-high heat. Place the salmon steak into the pan and cover with a lid. Fry 5 minutes from each side until golden-brown crust. Add 2 tbsp of water and leave covered under lid on a low heat for about 7-10 minutes. This will ensure the fish is ready inside as well. The main thing here is that salmon steak should not start burning. Therefore I usually add a bit of cold water and cook it on very low heat until ready.


The best recipe for a side dish is always veggies. The more colourful - the better. I love broccoli and strongly recommend them as a companion to fish or meat. The way to cook them is pretty simple, quick and easy. And as a result you get a perfect side dish and wonderful mood. Wash broccoli and cut them into little flowers ;) Peel carrot and cut it into peaces. In a saucepan mix the veggies and add about 1/3 cup of hot water. The water should cover about 1/3 of the veggie level. Do not be surprised that they are not covered fully. That is the tip and trick here. Heat the saucepan and cover it. The procedure of cooking will take here around 5 minutes. Then prepare a bowl with ice-cold water, take the vegetables out and put them into cold water. This is a shocking way to stop the cooking process in the veggies and ensure that all the vitamins stay packed in them. Finally sprinkle them with herbs of Provence and the best and easiest healthy side dish is ready to go :)


As you see it is very easy to prepare healthy meal. And if just think about the benefits from this: better health, balances nutrition, vitamin boost, money savings... Can you remind me why you are still going out for lunch?! :)

Go ahead and eat yourself healthy, Because good food is always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment