9 November 2015

Low-carb cauliflower recipe

Another week passed by so quickly. I got frightened when I realised that my last post was 2 weeks ago.. A disaster, I have to say! Days are changed by nights, you wake up in the darkness and come back in the darkness. Hello November! What else can I say?!

Indeed my last week was quite intensive: some appointments, new James Bond premiere, pilates, yoga, cooking class... All in all gathering more impressions and experience to share with you and cheer you up even when outside it is so rainy, wet and miserable. Therefore today we will make a nice risotto variation. It is a special recipe and I believe not many of you ever imagined this product to be used as a main ingredient for risotto. But "YES! It is cauliflower!" and we will make it a hero today. I am considering us all being creative and curious so I thought "Why not?". We are mostly used to make fried cauliflower in Ukraine and nothing else. Especially when I know that it is a low-carb product and in autumn our bodies usually gain weight just in case the winter will be too cold:)

And by the way I served in a self-painted plate. We made those during the "Decoration" workshop organised by IKEA in the beginning of autumn.
How do you like it? Let me know in the comments below.

So let's start!

Ingredients:
(for 2 portions)

2 cups Cauliflower or 1 middle sized Cauliflower
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small chopped Shallot onion
1/2 cup Bouillon Vegetable Broth
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds

The directions are as usually very easy, quick and the result will surprise you by its' uniqueness and nutrition value.

1. Wash Cauliflower and cut it into smaller parts. Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until they are small enough to be rice-like.

2. Cut shallot onion. In a skillet over medium heat fry it in the olive oil until tender.

3. Add cauliflower, vegetable stock and cook about 10 minutes.

4. Salt and pepper and add grated cheese.

5. In a dry saucepan heat sesame and sunflower seeds. Stir them all the time so that they do not get burned. It takes about 3-5 minutes to feel the pleasant smell in the air. But be cautious not to keep them too long on the heat.

This is it. I served my portion with smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes. It is up to you what you like the most. It may be a good combination to meat, fish on any other source of good protein. What is your beloved source of protein?

Bon Appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment